Vice President, Customer Success
March/April 2022 | NOTE: Qualification details updated on March 17, 2022
The Vice President of Customer Success is a trusted customer advisor and proven leader with a track record of scaling Daas, SaaS, loyalty, or analytics customer success organizations. You will lead a portfolio of top tier retail clients, developing a knowledgeable, and proactive client-facing team. The VP will drive a results-oriented culture and will design, execute and continuously improve operational plans and processes.
As Banyan’s leading voice of the customer, this role will drive customer outcomes, define and optimize the customer lifecycle, and manage the success activities by partnering with internal sales, product and tech teams as well as customer functional experts. The VP will own the client’s lifecycle and client’s satisfaction, ensuring maximum value throughout all elements of customer success from onboarding to client management, renewals, cross selling, and expansion.
- Build a team of high functioning Client Success team members through recruiting, mentoring and development.
- Ultimate ownership of Client Success Manager’s (CSMs) outcomes including adoption, health score, retention value, renewal rate, expansion goals, churn rate and advocacy
- Coach CSMs to actively identify and cross sell opportunities and outcomes from the Banyan Network
- Partner with sales leaders and offer account insight to build pipeline volume and accelerate expansion velocity
- Establish loyalty, advocacy and retention program(s) in coordination with marketing and sales.
- Measure, analyze and improve the effectiveness of Client Success Teams; track and optimize key metrics including Time to Value, POC velocity, account configuration pace, etc.
- Champion customer priorities with senior leadership; Collaborate and communicate with product and engineering colleagues to influence client success initiatives within the product / solutions roadmap
- Evaluate risk drivers across products to make strategic decisions & align resources across teams
- Identify business needs for growth, productivity improvement as well customer experience improvement opportunities.
While we are open to the best candidate to get the job done, the following qualifications and experience are a guideline to what we are looking for. You will thrive in this role if you have:
- MBA or equivalent experience required
- 8-10 years of experience leading teams in customer-facing capacity (e.g. Account Management, Client Success, Sales)
- 5+ years working with or for retailers
- Successful track record of managing multi-year and multi-stakeholder B2B partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Executive-level experience in a B2B customer success role with a fast-paced DaasS,SaaS, loyalty, or analytics organization.
- Excellent time management and strong organization skills with an analytical, process-oriented mindset.
- Ability to maintain poise under stress, especially when resolving clients' time-sensitive issues
- Dynamic and engaging critical thinking, ability to see “the art of the possible” and think outside the box
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Demonstrable ability to take ownership and accountability, and act on client goals and objectives in a technical environment
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit.
- Hands-on experience using success tools (e.g. Salesforce, HubSpot)
- Data visualization experience (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Tableau) preferred
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Short and Long term disability insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Learning and development initiatives & assistance
- Work-from-home remotely, w/ occasional travel (job-dependent)
- Position can also be located primarily in Chicago, IL; Bentonville, AR; or remote within the US
- Option to work semi-regularly in office if located near Chicago, IL or New York City, NY
Banyan, the global infrastructure company for item-level receipt data, allows its partners to enrich transactions to create incredible experiences for their customers. Powered by Banyan’s APIs, merchants can seamlessly and securely share receipts, while unlocking powerful insights and unique marketing opportunities.
Banyan provides its merchant partners complete transparency and control over who can access receipt data and Banyan’s privacy-by-design approach requires consumers’ permission before any enrichments take place. This new ecosystem allows financial institutions, fintechs, and consumer apps to enrich their data with item-level detail, unlocking a new wave of innovation to drive improved customer experiences, cost savings, and new revenue streams.
We’re a growing team of more than 30 employees distributed across the US, with offices in New York and Chicago. Our investors include FinVC, TTV Capital, Motivate Ventures, and Manifold Group, and we have ambitions to become a major player in the future of fintech.
BANYAN is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We look for individuals with different skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.