Vice President Customer Success & Retail Partnerships
The Vice President of Customer Success and Retail Partnerships is a proven leader with a track record of scaling Daas, SaaS, loyalty, or analytics customer success organizations. This role will develop and lead a strong, knowledgeable, and proactive client-facing team. The VP will drive a results-oriented culture and will architect, execute and continuously improve operational plans and processes.
As Banyan’s leading voice of the client, this role will drive customer outcomes, define and optimize the customer lifecycle, and manage the success activities. The VP will own the client’s lifecycle and client’s satisfaction, ensuring maximum value throughout onboarding, training and support, client management, renewals, cross sell, expansion and advocacy.
As a key leader for Strategic Partnerships, this role will drive successful development, management, and execution of key B2B partnerships. The role will establish proper planning and governance activities to optimize key strategic partnerships.
- Hire, mentor and direct our Client Success team members
- Ultimate ownership of Client Success Manager’s (CSMs) outcomes including adoption, health score, Gross Receipt Value, retention value, renewal rate, expansion goals, churn rate and advocacy
- Coach CSMs to actively identify and cross sell opportunities and outcomes from the Banyan Network
- Partner with sales leaders and offer account insight to build pipeline volume and accelerate expansion velocity
- Establish loyalty, advocacy and retention program(s) in coordination with marketing and sales.
- Measure, analyze and improve the effectiveness of Client Success Teams; track and optimize key metrics including Time to Value, POC velocity, account configuration pace, etc.
- Manage and improve the effectiveness of select strategic partnerships, track and optimize key metrics including Time to Customer Acquisition, agreement cycles, and prospect portfolio optimization against business goals and objectives.
- Create and deploy optimal client lifecycles, establish best practice playbooks and business review processes
- Map the client’s journey, optimize the client’s lifecycle and heath score; identify listening points and standardized actions at each journey point*
- Establish a scalable segmentation strategy; build interventions for each key moment in the journey and identify areas for continuous improvement*
- Optimize effectiveness leveraging data and technology to proactively measure, monitor and predict client behavior
- Support a Voice of the Customer program and solicit regular feedback from client-facing functions to deliver key insights to product
- Champion client priorities with senior leadership; Collaborate and communicate with product and engineering colleagues to influence client success initiatives within the product / solutions roadmap
- Anticipate business value concerns, poor ROI and process and related deployment obstacles and communicate internally
- Evaluate risk drivers across products to make strategic decisions & align resources across teams
- Identify business needs for growth, productivity improvement as well customer experience improvement opportunities.
- MBA or equivalent experience required
- 8-10 years of experience leading teams in customer-facing capacity (e.g. Account Management, Client Success, Sales)
- Successful track record of managing multi-year and multi-stakeholder B2B partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven record of driving adoption of and expansion beyond the initial client base in key accounts
- Executive-level experience in a B2B customer success role with a fast-paced DaasS,SaaS, loyalty, or analytics organization.
- Excellent time management and strong organization skills with an analytical, process-oriented mindset.
- Ability to maintain poise under stress, especially when resolving clients' time-sensitive issues
- Dynamic and engaging critical thinking, ability to see “the art of the possible” and think out of the box
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Demonstrable ability to take ownership and accountability, and act on client goals and objectives in a technical environment
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit.
- Hands-on experience using success tools (e.g. Salesforce, HubSpot)
- Data visualization experience (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Tableau) preferred
BANYAN is a new company that enables merchants, fintechs and banks to provide enhanced services to their customers by using transaction receipt data in a way that is transparent, secure, and private. You will learn more as you get to know us, but if you are ready to join a high performing company as a key member of our partnership team, please contact us immediately.
BANYAN bridges the space between retailers and financial institutions by allowing consumers to access receipt level data automatically at their request, and we do so in a transparent way that protects the privacy and information of all parties involved.
BANYAN is a new company, but we are well funded and poised to become a major player in the fintech space. Come join us and help shape the future of consumer empowered data!